Monday, May 19, 2014

Once again it´s the day the Grumpy Cat hates and missionaries around the world love! 
Thats right- it´s PDAY! 
Whats new? Not much.
I am getting along really well with HNA Santos. We laugh, we cry , we teach the Gospel! I love to speak Spanish and I want to speak it forever... even though sometimes I suck really really bad. 
We just laugh it off while I try to store mental files so the same mistakes don´t happen again. The other day, serious as can be, I said "Nunca debemos tener secretos con nuestros cuñados!" and Hna Santos just kind looked at me... but I totally meant conyuges! Hahaha. I went to contact these construction workers yesterday and biffed it... HARD! I knocked over there Tereré and everything.... which was rey chistoso and we laughed for like 5 minutes. Yby Yau and our efforts here are going alright. Sometimes I get a little whiney because it's not easy and sometimes it's flat out no fun to have to, month after month, support this ward/group with little to no seen improvements. Faith is believing and hoping for something you can not see, but is true. I have faith that I am in some way helping here, even if I can't see how. I have faith that I was sent here by God. Also! just because it's less easy here, doesn't make it any less important. Or at least... these are the things I tell myself to stay focused & push onward. I sure hope I am doing SOMETHING useful here. I know, at the very least, I personally am improving and learning loads! That's something! Everyday I am falling more and more in love with my mission because of what I am learning here about my Saviour, My Father in Heaven and this Gospel. I am realizing more and more how BIG of a mark, the decision to come on a mission has had and will have on my life on earth and for eternity. I am trying to learn to be a better missionary, a better servant, and a better disciple of Christ. Basically, I am converting myself & I am the best convert! I go to all the church functions, read my scriptures, pray etc...! lol I am learning a new level of commitment to the Gospel. I am learning to obey him more fully, not just to be obedient out of fear or to sacrifice for a reward, but because I LOVE Him. I want to follow Him,& not just for 18 months, but, in the words of Squints, for "FOR EV-VER". Well thats all I got for you folks. XOXO Hermana Valenzuela

No comments:

Post a Comment