Monday, December 15, 2014

This week I woke up one day and felt AWESOME! like ... SUPER AWESOME. I have been struggling with all kinds of tonterias, but keeping the faith and praying constantly. My prayers were answered. I can´t say clearly what was wrong or how it is now better, but I can say that God hears and answers my prayers. I mean I worked for it too. Scripture study, prayer, meditation... It was no "magic pill", but with REAL intent and faith in Christ, anything is possible. And if you show God you are REALLY listening, He really does answer. 
I love my Father in Heaven. He loves me. He wants me to be happy. He sent His son to help show me HOW that happiness can be achieved. By the priesthood power of His Son and his Atonement, that happiness can last forever. 
This week was Thanksgiving.  
Part of my "tonterias" were that I was feeling... strange guilt for how EXTREMELY blessed I am. I see LOTS of faces ever day. Every one is a child of God. Everyone is of infinite worth. I am not more important than any other in the eyes of our Heveanly Father. So why do I have EXTRA, when at times others go without? 
In Ecclesiastes5:8 "The Preacher" says:
 ¶If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there behigher than they.

Which simply put reminded me that I am not the only one who sees these people suffering. They are my friends, but they are His children. And so then I thought, "Why?" but really "WHY" not, "*pity*WHY ME, WHY THEM?"... but actually "Why?"  
Focusing only on the basics of the Gospel Doctines I remembered that we came to earth to be tested. All kinds of different tests and never MORE than each child, whom he has known since before this world (Jeremiah 1:5), can bare...  
We are reminded, when the prophet asked "Why" the saints, if they were following God, had to suffer, that  "all these things shall give (Them) experience, and shall be (their) good.(D&C122:7)
So how can I help? 
Oh, How I would like to give them all the temporal "things" I could... but even then, moth and rust doth corrupt, and ... thieves break through and steal(Matthew 6:19)

"Things" are a blessing and contribute to happiness, I won´t deny it. But "things" are not the "things" that matter most. God wants us to live as richly and happily as we can within our means. Of course all the while remembering where these blessings come from and  staying humble in the most luxurious of circumstances. He wants us to also secure our own wellbeing to be able to then help others as Paul taught in 1 Timothy 6:17-19

I remember learning about the "cycle" of the righteous in the Book of Mormon, They are humble, they seek God, they grow in blessings and riches, they become prideful, they are chastised by God, they are humble... repeat. 

Do good works. Live high, live mighty and live righteously. 

Then I thought:
"EASY for you to say with your full belly and plump cheeks fed from a gloden spoon as you email a feel good letter to your family for thanksgiving"  
Kind of Pessimistic, I know, but I realized that though I am EVER so grateful for the state of living I have maintained thusfare my entire priviledged life... the NUMBER one thing in my life IS what I am offering to these people. I have much, but even if I didn´t, because I have the Gospel, I would still have EVERYTHING I needed to live happily. 
This thought it better expressed in a beautiful song by Mindy Gledhill:

If I had no songs.
If my words were washed away and gone.
Like sand in the ocean.
I would choose to see the beauty in a life of sweet simplicity.
That silence to speaks many things.
If I had no songs.

If my voice ran dry.
If all my melodies had gone awry for no reason why.
I would choose to bring to weary souls,
the songs that only hearts can sing.
I’d face a falling world with wings.
If my voice ran dry.

Take away the life I love, and black out all the stars above.
I swear theres nothing you can do, to make me feel I’m not enough.

When the clouds have gone.
When the final curtain has been drawn.
I’ll run free straight into the arms that wait for me.
So far beyond this scope of things I know where I belong

If I had no songs.




This Gospel is the best thing Ive got and I pray that people can see that through me and the way I "sing" the song of my life. I pray that God keeps my heart that is prone to wander close to Him, so that I can feel this Joy todaym tomorrow and Forever.
Talk to you all next week

XOXO Hermana Liberteeeeeeeeeeeee


PS.
This week one of our less actives (an old lady) told us how much she loves firm butts and she confessed when Elders were in the Area she used to pinch their cheeks (THOSE cheeks). She told us she even pinched her nurses bum and her nurse gave her a didrty look and asked if she was a lesbian. She replied "no I just have bad costumbres" hahahaahahahahahahaha  Being a missionary is crazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment